• Creative professional with a proven track record of producing high-quality, award-winning work consistently under pressure and deadlines.
• Over 10 years experience in advertising and marketing communications, with a strong visual sense and ability to effectively develop and implement marketing ideas and design concepts.
• Lived and traveled abroad, developing an understanding of marketing and economics in different countries and cultures.
• Combine passion and imagination with technical photographic and lighting savvy to create unique images that effectively communicate brand messages to communities and consumers.
• Consistently go beyond expectations and work on new projects outside of job requirements to add value and revenue streams.
B.A., Business Administration, Marketing 2005
Fort Lewis College
GPA: 3.67 Major GPA: 3.8
Magna Cum Laude
• 2003: La Rochelle, France. International semester abroad. Studied economics and marketing.
• 2004: Ireland and Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. Innovative month abroad. Studied the Irish economic boom, the Celtic Tiger.
• 2007 and 2013: Colorado Springs, CO. Rich Clarkson & Associates Professional Sports Photography workshop. A weeklong workshop spent working with distinguished photographers on creativity, concept, skills, and working with clients and peers in a professional manner.
• 2011: Jackson, WY. Rich Clarkson & Associates Adventure Photography workshop. A weeklong workshop spent working with distinguished photographers on creativity, concept, skills, and working with clients and peers in a professional manner.
• 2012: Tucson, AZ. Nikon Mentor Series Lighting Workshop. Worked with instructors on lighting techniques in a variety of locations with specific objectives.
• 2013: Seattle, WA. CreativeLive Commercial Portraiture with Joey L. A live-broadcast workshop with renowned photographers Joey L. and Chase Jarvis on creativity, concept, lighting sets and subjects, achieving artistic vision and business.
Michael Pierce Photography
Pagosa Springs/Denver, CO
2007 to Current
• Developed and executed creative concepts that met and exceeded client projects.
• Introduced new print technologies and products that increased sales and customer satisfaction.
• Shot projects including commercial portraits, sports, lifestyle, fashion, real estate, events and music.
• Photographed a $10+ million luxury real estate property that led to its sale in less than 6 months.
• Used a variety of software including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom to creatively and efficiently edit work.
• Promoted and featured by Production Paradise to a global audience of 100,000+ subscribers.
• Recognized professional and member of Nikon Professional Services.
Clarkson Creative/ Colorado Rockies
Apr. 2015 to Nov. 2015
• Photographed game action, fan experience, atmosphere and integrated corporate marketing for all 81 Colorado Rockies home games.
• Contributed more photographs to the team Photoshelter database during a single season than any previous photographer.
• Implemented new camera-to-cellular technology to provide in-game and post-game content for team social media.
• Captured high-level, timely and visually-unique feature photographs during each game and event for social media feeds and Rockies Magazine, including two covers.
• Responsible for photographing all pre-game groups and promotions, ceremonial first pitches, color guards, national anthem performers and rooftop bar band performances.
• Pro-actively met with corporate sales staff to better understand their needs and offered alternate keyword strategies that made the photo database more efficient.
• Professionally represented the Colorado Rockies as their photographer, on and off the field, including VIP and Client Batting Practice days and community events including youth baseball camps and clinics, school visits, Home Run for the Homeless and celebrity golf tournament.
• Analyzed clients’ marketing plans and goals to create effective advertising campaigns while maximizing sales.
• Consulted customers, often competing businesses, on reaching their unique target markets effectively.
• Increased or maintained customer base and sales year-over-year in a predominantly real estate and tourism based economy throughout a recession.
• Managed multiple projects with many different clients under quarterly and weekly deadlines.
• Won over 150 state and national awards for photography and advertising, campaign, layout and website design.
• Developed and redesigned small local magazines into national and state multi-award winning magazines.
• Transformed newspaper website from a one-page, weekly-updated html site to a complex, daily-updated,
award-winning and profitable database driven site with a photography sales subdomain and site.
• Photographed community events, local sports and breaking news stories to drive print sales and web traffic.